Golden Apple's Elementary Math Institute provides skills and strategies for teaching math concepts to teachers in elementary school settings. The Institute is an eight-hour session designed to help participants understand the current research related to how students develop foundational understanding in mathematics and how to shift instruction to support student progress.
- Explore brain research that confirms that anyone can learn math but mindset matters
- Explore how to move student strategies from counting by ones to the composite (or grouping) strategies
- Put the Mathematical Practice Standards (MPS) into action and
- Practice open problem-solving ideas and activities that help students construct their understanding and apply their skills
- Math-learning challenges and strategies
- Research on math learning
- Alternative assessment tasks
- Mental Strategies
- Developing children’s counting strategies
- Number fluency
To apply, please email email@example.com your name, school, grade level taught, and years of experience.
Be sure to visit our Facebook page for the most recent updates!